Francisco Bangoy International Airport (Davao)

Satellite view image of Francisco Bangoy International Airport (aka Davao International Airport) in Davao City.

The Davao International Airport (IATA code DVO, ICAO code RPMD), officially known as the Francisco Bangoy International Airport, is Mindanao’s busiest airport. Pictured in the thumbnail is the new modern-looking terminal, completed in 2003, which can handle more than a million passengers yearly.

The airport features a 3-kilometer long runway and currently serves domestic flights to Davao City for the big four (PAL, Cebu Pacific, Asian Spirit, and Air Philippines) as well as international flights to Singapore, Malaysia, and Indonesia. It is publicly operated by the government’s Air Transportation Office.

On Google Maps, you can spot the old terminal just across the runway directly to the east. The difference is striking. Some travellers have commented that the Davao’s new terminal is even better than NAIA’s Centennial Terminal. There’s more information about the airport over at Wikipedia.

So who is Francisco Bangoy anyway? The web doesn’t provide direct answers, but careful looking seems to point out that Francisco Bangoy is the patriach of the prominent Bangoy family of Davao City.

June 8, 2006
AirportsDavao Region

Comments

1. concerned_citizen_pinoy@yahoo.com wrote on August 15, 2007 @ 07:30AM

Francisco Bangoy is one of the pioneers Davao City. The street in the Santa Ana area “F. Bangoy” is named after him. His brothers were Cayetano Bangoy, after whom C. Bangoy Street (formerly Ponciano Reyes St) is named. Another brother (not sure though) is Paciano Bangoy – the last governor of the then-undivided Davao Province. Francisco settled in the Sasa area, which explains the name of the airport – it was purchased from his Reta heirs. Cayetano settled in Toril – among his descendants were former Councilor Benigno “Bebeng” Bangoy, the Amoguis-Bangoy family and the Calizo family.

2. Eugene wrote on August 15, 2007 @ 04:06PM

Thanks for that information! I’ve asked my friend from Davao and even he doesn’t know who Francisco Bangoy really is.

3. DOVE SUMMER wrote on September 19, 2007 @ 08:32AM

DON FRANCISCO BANGOY WAS THE FIRST APPOINTED REPRESENTATIVE {CONGRESSMAN} OF DAVAO CITY IN THE 30’s.DAVAOENEOS SHOULD KNOW THAT. HE WAS ONE OF THE PILLARS OF THE CITY. HE OWNED THE ENTIRE SASA DISTRICT.WHEN HE DIED, SASA WAS LEFT TO HIS 3 HEIRS,DON PACIANO BANGOY{THE INCUMBENT DAVAO GOVERNOR OF THE 60s and 70s},DONYA SALUD BANGOY RETA, AND DONYA MERCEDES BANGOY PICHON,MY GRANDMOTHER.IT WAS ONLY RIGHT THAT THE AIRPORT OF DAVAO WAS NAMED AFTER HIM BECAUSE THE HECTARES OF LAND WHERE THE NEW INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT IS NOW, WAS OWNED BY DON FRANCISCO BANGOY HEIRS. THE DAUGHTER OF DONYA SALUD, MRS. REMEDIOS RETA BERMEJO. AND THE DAUGHTER AND SON OF DONYA MERCEDES BANGOY PICHON..VICENTE BANGOY PICHON AND MERCEDITA PICHON MEDINA.
    THE REASON WHY I WROTE THIS, I WANT ALL THE DAVAOENEOS TO KNOW,SPECIALLY THE NEW GENERATION,THE YOUNG PEOPLE OF DAVAO... ABOUT DON FRANCISCO BANGOY, ONE OF THE MAKERS OF DAVAO. NO EXCUSE TO BE IGNORANT ABOUT THE THINGS AROUND YOU, SO STUDY AND KNOW YOUR CITY. IT BROADENS THE MIND TO BE KNOWLEDGEABLE.

4. DOVE SUMMER wrote on September 20, 2007 @ 01:00AM

CON’T} FROM DON FRANCISCO BANGOY CAME THE 3 WELL KNOWN FAMILIES OF DAVAO CITY... THE RETAS{CORNELIO “CONING” BANGOY RETA} WAS THE INCUMBENT BARANGAY CAPTAIN OF SASA OF THE 70s AND 80s… THE BANGOYS{DON PACIANO BANGOY, WAS THE INCUMBENT GOVERNOR OF DAVAO CITY OF THE 60s}... AND THE PICHONS, {CITY FISCAL RAUL BANGOY PICHON, MY UNCLE} HE WAS DAVAO CITY FISCAL OF THE 80s. ME? WHICH BRANCH OF THE FAMILY I BELONG? I THINK UPON READING THIS,EVERYBODY WILL KNOW THAT I BELONG TO DONYA MERCEDES BANGOY PICHON LINEAGE.

SO, YOUNG PEOPLE OF DAVAO, KNOW YOUR ROOTS, KNOW YOUR CITY, AND MOST IMPORTANLY, KNOW THE PEOPLE OF YESTERYEARS, BECAUSE, THEY WERE THE ONES WHO MADE YOUR CITY, WHAT IT IS NOW..THE BEAUTIFUL, CLEANEST, AND PROPEROUS CITY, A SAFE PLACE TO LIVE IN….

5. Eugene wrote on September 24, 2007 @ 05:20AM

Hi Dove, thanks for the information. But you don’t need to keep the Caps Lock key enabled to get your point across.

6. Crestine Bangoy Santiago wrote on January 23, 2008 @ 07:29PM

Well theres a lot of Bangoy Settlers in Sasa and as far I know my Grandparents Ceferino Bangoy and Ereta Sumi (half japanese) live at Panacan Davao city and according to them they own the land in which union cement is now standing actually the back part of it still owned by a Bangoy Family .But, I dont in which lineage of Bangoy Clan we Belong I wasnt have the time to ask my Grandfather because He died early and my Grandmother also went back to Japan to find her own roots too.only some points I could recall that my Grandfather is the son of Cayetano Bangoy and ? Villanueva i dont know who`s and what`s next ..anyway it is sometimes nice to know your lineage at least you know what your made up it is not because they are famous but because you are part of theyre blood..oh I forgot anyway, my Brother is Atty. Cres Dan Bangoy he has a law office in Washington Street D.C. thanks

7. The South Star wrote on March 13, 2008 @ 06:36PM

To Ms. Crestine Bangoy Santiago:

such awful English!

8. crestine santiago wrote on April 7, 2008 @ 10:59PM

to The South Star, then who are you to leave such comment ? it is just clear that you`re such an IDIOT, unmannered ,rude or just maybe a persona of nothing but a brainless head !mind you own english!!!!!!!!!!moron.

9. Crestine Bangoy Santiago wrote on April 8, 2008 @ 06:54PM

re;south star ,mind your own english moron!!!!!

10. The South Star wrote on June 2, 2008 @ 04:36PM

uuuyy, “unmannered” and “persona of nothing” daw o

11. sola_kaira wrote on August 10, 2008 @ 04:01PM

hi, ano po ang news about Cayetano and Paciano? Thanks

12. CCP wrote on September 9, 2008 @ 06:44PM

Sola Kaira, what about Cayetano and Paciano?

13. frequent traveller wrote on October 1, 2008 @ 01:58PM

i just wonder why the name francisco bangoy international airport is not displayed on its terminal building?

14. Dove Summer wrote on October 12, 2008 @ 07:03PM

Hi everybody, it’s me again…it’s been awhile since i was here…anyway, so glad some of you people out there are beginning to get interested about my great-grandfather Don Francisco Bangoy…his wife was Emilia Villanueva…my mom and her siblings used to call Don Francisco and Dona Emilia…Yoyong and Yoyang, instead of lolo and lola, so we the 4th genre were also used to address them as such.

South Star…i do not know Crestine Bangoy personally, but i think, it’s uncalled for to criticize a person, even if you are in a position to do so….it’s still bad manners…i would like to think that we Filipinos aren’t like that…tsk tsk tsk tsk…nakakahiya kaibigan….you have to give some allowances, patience to others…i believe human failings is just accidental, not intentional
    Me…I couldn’t say i am perfect because i know i am not…you can criticize my grammar, go ahead, i dont give a heck… because i dont know you..

TO SOLA….
    Cayetano and Francisco were brothers…My Yoyong (Don Francisco) i think was an older brother…I’m sorry but i am not sure if the family of Cayetano were the ones living in Toril..i cannot ask my mom and aunts now because i am here in Manila right now..i will go visiting them this December, i will ask them…

TO CCP….
    Don Paciano Bangoy was my grand-uncle..he was the younger brother of my Lola Cedes ( Dona Mercedes Bangoy Pichon) If you guys are still living right now in Davao..you can see our place in Km.10 Sasa..it’s our place..the old white house on the hill top..across the Pier Terminal..that house was called before when my lola was still alive.. Ancestral home..
    Lolo Pacing (Don Paciano) as he was fondly called by sooo many was our incumbent governor of the 60s and early 70s….he was the only son ( they were 3 siblings) of Don Francisco and Dona Emilia…ooh by the way my mom’s name is also Emilia..
    i said they were 3 siblings…. actually the oldest was my Lola Cedes, next to her was Lola Aling (Dona Salud)..if you are familiar about Davao’s places, am sure you know Dona Salud Subdivision..thats her name, subdivision was named after her…by my uncle Coning Reta and my Tita Didang (Remedios Bermejo)Dona Salud’s children…..Sasa km10 and Km 11 belongs to my family before…i remember my Lola Cedes told us a story..about her mana (inheritance) on her wedding day..Yoyong ( Don Francisco ) gave her a 110 hectares land and that was in Sasa…
    But now..sad to say most of those lands were sold to others and alot also were given to the government to build schools, roads, the old airport was ours before and i heard it was donated by Yoyong (Don Francisco) 40 hectares of land……and now it’s a prime lot…and the pier in Sasa was also ours before and my Lolo Tonio (Don Antonio Palma Gil Pichon, husband of my Lola Cedes)told us that the government bought it from us only at 20centavos per square meter…

TO CRESTINE….i am sure we are related…but i am sorry i am not familiar with the family of Ceferino Bangoy..i am the oldest among first cousins…gosh!! you’ll be surprised we are 78 first cousins….but just recently one died..i will ask my mom and aunts about our family..i think Tita Letty ( Mrs. Leticia Bangoy Pichon Militante) made a family tree years ago…i will try to ask her a copy of it…
    i hope we can communicate..my email add is….dove_summer@yahoo.com

15. dove summer wrote on October 12, 2008 @ 11:48PM

Hi again…i would just like to correct some wrong info. Don Paciano Villanueva Bangoy was not the brother of Cayetano Bangoy..Cayetano Bangoy was the brother of the first congressman of Davao City, Don Francisco Bangoy, my great-grandfather…
    I would like everyone to know that Don Paciano Villanueva Bangoy the incumbent governor of Davao city in the year 60’s and early 70’s was the only son of Don Francisco Bangoy…

So please good citizens of Davao dont mix-up your infromations regarding the Bangoy Clan…its better to ask and know it first before…saying the exact truth…if you want to know more you can go to our place in Sasa and ask my titas there and my mom. Or else i can call them thru long distance and ask them and will tell you folks out there…just email me if you still want some more info about the bangoys

16. dove summer wrote on October 13, 2008 @ 10:13AM

TO SOLA kAIRA……

Hi…may i know if you are also related to the Bangoys? And, may i know also why were you asking about Cayetano Bangoy and Don Paciano Bangoy? Well, ok… i will share it to you some things that i can still remember about Lolo Pacing (Don Paciano.) He was a short man only about 5 ft.tall, a moreno and a little bit stocky…His house was in Sta. Ana before, just across the Holy Cross College. It was a grand house, 2 Phil. presidents were entertained there(one was Carlos Garcia and his wife Leonila) when they came visiting to Davao.) And i think Dona Josefa Edralin Marcos was given a welcome party there…Dona Josefa was a friend of Tita Vangie Bangoy Ignacio (daughter of Don Paciano) sometimes they played mahjong at Tita Vangie“s house. Both were dead now..
    Don Paciano’s mana(inheritance) were the lands surrounding the old airport and the lands between the old airport road…some of his children and grandchilren are still living there…Lolo Pacing has 9 children( some were dead now)
    i can tell you more but i have to stop here…if you want some info again about the Bangoy Clan..you can email me at…dove_summer@yahoo.com

Good day to you Sola Kaira…you got a nice name…byeeee

17. robert wrote on October 20, 2008 @ 06:06PM

hanginon man diay ang mga tao dinhi!

18. andy calizo III wrote on November 1, 2008 @ 12:35AM

Hello!

My name is Andy Calizo III, and Im also from the Bangoy lineage. Although not from Francisco. I come from his brother Cayetano. And yes, the Bangoys in Toril are of Cayetano’s lineage. My grandmother is Sergia Bangoy, one of Cayetano’s 13 children, who Married Andres Adaniel Calizo (from Aklan). They have 3 children, Baby, Emannuel (Nonong) and my father, the youngest, Roque Vicente.

Here in Toril, we live in Bangoy Compound. With about 30 or so families descending from Cayetano(he had 13 children for Christ’s sakes)
    Most of Toril also used to be property of the Bangoys. Its evident as a lot of the Subdivisions, schools and other places are named from different Bangoy heirs.

19. swetzel marie temothy bangoy opsimar wrote on November 2, 2008 @ 11:57PM

pleassssss
    sana po ang mga bangoy family mka-alala saamin kung mhal nila nang mga bangoy hndi nla bastosin
    gya nung una bta pa mama ko nag hndi daw xa ng bigas sa inyu
    binastos kaya sinabi wla kaming bigas pede nmn kausapin ng mahin2x dba…?
    +…..dpt mkahalubilo kayu

20. swetzel marie temothy bangoy opsimar wrote on November 3, 2008 @ 05:09PM

sana po maalala nyu kami at sana poh ibitado kami xa reunion sa bangoy dahil part din kami sa bangoy family

21. sola_kaira wrote on December 3, 2008 @ 08:28AM

to dove_summer and andy_calizo III

thank you very much for the information. according to my tita we’re from the lineage of Cayetano in Toril.

i heard so many stories about the great bangoy family, thus, i research and ask people (pref from davao).

as per info, the father of my mamang (lola) balbina is Jose (one of Cayetano’s children).

may info pa po ba bukod dito?

again my appreciation and a warm embrace for the malalayong kamag anak.

God bless.

22. inquisitive imie wrote on January 2, 2009 @ 01:25PM

hay naku… wag na kayo mag away bakit ako I’m also from the Bangoy lineage Cayetano lolo ko si Cayetano Jr.na anak ni Cayetano Sr. anak ako ni Arnulfo Bangoy Eldest daughter.na naka tira sa Toril Bangoy Compound. ako andito sa korea nag aral ng International Law. si Andy Calizo narinig ko lang sa mga cousins ko.

23. inquisitive imie wrote on January 2, 2009 @ 02:05PM

if u wanna add me,and ask for something its ok at inquisitor4bangoy@yahoo.com

24. jojo wrote on January 30, 2009 @ 06:47PM

wala ako masabi basta magka pamilya parin tyo apo ako ni (don Antonio pichon)

25. jojo wrote on January 30, 2009 @ 06:50PM

na asawa ni donya mercedez bangoy pichon

26. justin wrote on January 30, 2009 @ 07:14PM

dove kakinsa ka iso

27. imie bangoy wrote on February 3, 2009 @ 01:29AM

hahaha! its nice to hear that everybody well, not everybody but maybe even it was only a very little blood from my ancestors they’re expressing an enthusiastic interest to know my or our line of decent… I’m glad and thanks guys…….hehehe I admit i can’t speak fluently in spanish just a little.My dad can!But I understand I’m envy……but i want to learn…you know because when i was a kid my grandparents they used it everytime they gathered in my house and mix with davawenue i don’t know how to spell it sorry…. can you speak spanish fluently? I dare you hahahahah! anyway…….God Blessed You…PROSPERAR!!!!!!!

28. andy calizo wrote on February 3, 2009 @ 09:57AM

Imie Bangoy,

si, si hablo espanol pero es un poco malo, hay muy poca gente aqui que lo habla y por eso no lo he practicado lo suficiente…

Anyway, nanga sa ga english o spanish kita ngani? Sino kamayo ang matigam mag Davaoeno?

Sola Karia,

Ill ask some of my tito’s about your grandparents and post it here.

29. sola_kaira wrote on February 4, 2009 @ 05:06PM

sir andy calizo:

thank you very much, will check this site from time to time.

God bless you.

30. one eye wrote on February 18, 2009 @ 12:53PM

iyot mong tanan

31. rochelle wrote on March 13, 2009 @ 05:44PM

Im one of the apo’s of Cayetano Bangoy, I remember during our reunion that I belong to the 6th generation (tama ba ako Andy? )..Anyway, Cayetano Bangoy was married to Victoriana Saavedra (from Zamboanga). They had 13 children. My grandmother (Ramona Bangoy Mallonga) is now the only one left of the children of Lolo Cayetano and Lola Bito.

I remember, when we were young, our grandparents talk to us in Dabawenyo, and we greet our relatives with “Buenas Dias, Noches or tardes”..Katigam pa ako mag Dabawenyo… If you could come and visit Bangoy Compound here in Toril, you could still see our ancestral house, although no one lives there anymore.

I recently visited the Davao Museum thinking I’d find information about the old families of Davao City but when I went there, it was on the different tribes of Mindanao. I remember before they said some of our great-grandparents’ things were donated to the museum or the historical society….I dont know if it is in Museo Dabawenyo (the new museum) though, but it will be good sana for the people of Davao to know about the history of Davao City and the old families.

32. inquisitive imie wrote on May 18, 2009 @ 05:04AM

Hi po! parang kilala ko po… ung name nyo,if I’m not wrong kasi po you are mentioned the name of your grandmother Ramona Saavedra Bangoy Mallonga,so maybe it’s you Rochelle Angela na anak ni Mrs.Corazon Bangoy Mallonga Baylon..ako po pala si Imie Juanesthe Estaniel Bangoy. na anak ni Arnold Sajulga Bangoy.

33. Toto Baylon wrote on May 23, 2009 @ 05:14AM

Hi y’all my relatives! just passing thru….

34. princess natalie saavedra bangoy wrote on June 3, 2009 @ 01:47PM

TO dove summer, I’m new here this site I’m really surprised of what I’ve read specially to dove summer! a lot of informations.You know pikon lang ako okay…we and my family are not interested of what are you saying about the information I’m not saying your bad but please stop giving information okay its good…but let people notice about our lineage ok…para ka naring hanginun ehh! We’re not interested at all because we know it already of where we come from and who we are para ka kasing ikaw lang ang may alam sa lahat bakit ikaw lang ba ang may alam? sa line age ng mag bangoy sino kami? na may alam sa lahat at sino ka natanungin namin at itanung ang totoo no need what for?pwede mahinahon ka you are not the only one be friendly and down to earth ok……that’s for now bye…..

35. Isabella maxey wrote on July 4, 2009 @ 11:38PM

Hiya! I, Isabella Immanuelle Camilet Maxey is the great grandaughter of Bangoy! In the Philippines, I’m rich! like a princess because of my great grandpa! But for now I live in america!

36. Isabella maxey wrote on July 4, 2009 @ 11:44PM

I miss the Philippines. I’m not rich. But I still wish I was

37. amaii wrote on August 20, 2009 @ 04:14AM

dove summer,good day to you…..do you have any idea about the bangoy clan in bohol?

38. amaii wrote on August 20, 2009 @ 04:18AM

dove summer,ang imo ancestor taga davao gyud sila or taga bohol ? sorry ha,tanan man gud diri nag english mao gusto ko magbisaya para gamay ra ang makasabot sa ako..seriously i am interested to know if your ancestor have relatives from bohol..

39. BANGOY CLAN wrote on August 27, 2009 @ 11:42AM

calling the bangoy clan…why don’t you start your own group and not use this site for your GREAT STORIES of YOUR GREAT FAMILY’s lineage eh?

40. Dan wrote on September 5, 2009 @ 08:35AM

To: Amaii and all members of the Bangoy Clan,

Good day to all of you!

I was told that the family roots of the Bangoy of Davao City and other parts of Mindanao came from Baclayon, Bohol.

Our ancestors, allegedly, were altar boys (sakristans) who were brought to Davao by Spanish Friars.

I think that is true because the Bangoy’s are not natives of Davao, it was their spouses who are from Davao, and beside, Baclayon Church is the oldest Church in the Country.

I suggest we start investigating this story and hopefully construct an official family tree for the Bangoy Clan.

Please tell me if you are interested so that we can plan on how to do it.

Thanks and God bless!

41. Gloria Bangoy wrote on October 1, 2009 @ 08:25AM

Gloria Bangoy
    Sept. 30, 2003

i wish that any body could answer my question! are you related with the bangoy family in Antique?

42. jonathan c bangoyuae wrote on October 24, 2009 @ 06:09PM

from ceferino bangoy naman nang galing kami kc yan ang name ng lolo ko mag kamag anak kaya tayu kc naki kita ku sa family tree nyu name lolo ku pero taga olongapo kami.

43. jonathan c bangoy wrote on October 24, 2009 @ 06:29PM

pwide po bang makihingi ng kaalaman tungkul kay ceferino bangoy na lolo ko.parang awa na..pls…mga kalahi….

44. SB wrote on November 4, 2009 @ 01:33PM

The Airport should have a Terminal 2.

45. crizzy wrote on January 9, 2010 @ 05:18PM

pamilya tayo…….madamo jod ta sa kalibutan!

46. jumbo wrote on January 9, 2010 @ 05:23PM

basta tambok ka og putot pero gwapo or gwapa sigurado kapamilya ka!!he……he………he

47. Vicente N. Pichon IV wrote on January 27, 2010 @ 07:46PM

Madayaw po mga kamag-anak ko.

The Pichon’s of Baguio City

48. fely bangoy flohemon wrote on February 5, 2010 @ 03:58PM

my grandfather is bangoy with 4 children and they said that they have relatives in davao.also named francisco bangoy as well in silay negros but we are from antique.anyway gloria bangoy is familiar to me. i hope someday all BANGOY CLANS ESP. LIVING IN THE PHILS. HAVE A REUNION! OK BA?

GOD BLESS……
  49. Omar Ponco wrote on February 7, 2010 @ 01:26PM

sino ba ang mga original families dito sa davao? i belong to the lim – diaz – gamir clan.

50. Marites Bangoy Noval wrote on February 22, 2010 @ 09:09AM

hello.. i am from a Bangoy family here in cebu. Seems like kami lang talaga Bangoy sa Cebu. Hope my kaanak there in davao would contact me….so we get to know each other.
    pls text me at 0917 345 9492 ……i am a DAR Cebu Provincial Office Employee…..pls do communicate!!!!

51. Renato Santamarina Bangoy wrote on June 1, 2010 @ 02:35PM

It is really sad that all comments on this blogs came from the young generations unaware of their lineage. For your information, a book(if I may call it)researched by Rogelio Lizada(family member) and published years ago and maybe still available at the DAVAO MUSEUM or at the BISTRO ROSARIO, F. Torres St., Davao City.
    We belong to one clan, let not social standing, status,education and distance stand between each of us, let that blood runs in our veins and be united knowing that we belong to one family.

52. rb bangoy wrote on June 4, 2010 @ 01:25AM

hmpf., hi?! i’m also BANGOY pero hindi ko alam kung ano/kanino kame kabilang., we are one family here in Rizal., my grandfather named ANTONIO BANGOY and he is the only son of ROSITA BANGOY and i dont know the name of my great-grand father. They told me the story when we are young but its not clear. I only remember the name PACIANO pero hindi ko alam kung sino cia. they also told us that my great-grand father(i dont know the name),he went to MANILA and hindi na siya nakabalik sa DAVAO (sasa), AND he died in BULACAN.

and know i’m trying to trace the family and the real story behind our name BANGOY.
    so please help me to know more about them!
    thank you.

53. jomolz wrote on June 26, 2010 @ 06:29AM

sayang kaau no dako kaau na donate sa govt og baligya lng 20cent sq mts.kron panahona million na kantidad.cguro ang inyong lolo wla pa cguro nag interes a2ng panahona kay dle pa develop ang lugar.cgi lng kay ang tao mamatay,ang milyon ng kwarta mahanaw pero ang pangalan ni“FRANCISCO BANGOY“magpabilin hangtod sa hangtod.

54. DEVII wrote on July 5, 2010 @ 11:42PM

TO DOVE SUMMER-Hi!im Devii from Leyte….am interested to get in touch w/ you since you know so many things regarding your clan.And seems like your mind is more broader than the rest,i’ve got a friend who belongs to your clan and yet very much stranger to the so called clan. we hope to get hold of the family tree you’re talking about. it will be a big help to give light to her clouded mind… can i rely on you? thanks so much!!!GOD BLESS!!! This is my e-mail add: deviidelacalzada@yahoo.com

55. Rochelle wrote on July 8, 2010 @ 10:28PM

Hi, here is what I have so far. I am from the Cayetano Bangoy clan and we presented this short history during our reunion so that the younger generations are aware of their heritage.

1st generation is Gabriel Bangoy (fr Bohol)- Alejandra Porta
    2nd generation: Basilisa Benigno Escolastica Venancio Antolin

I can only account for the generation under Antolin Bangoy

Antolin Bangoy married Aparicia Bustamante
    These are their children:
    Gil, Maria, Monica, Catalina, Jesus, Guadalupe, Tomasa, Simona, Nicolasa, Macaria, Leona, Sofia, Justino, Sylvestra, Evaristo, Francisco, and Cayetano.

As great grand daughter of Cayetano, I can only account for the generations under him as well:
    Cayetano Bangoy married Victoriana Saavedra (fr Zamboanga)
    Children are:
    Maria, Luis Alejandro, Ramona I, Bruno, Angela Aparicia, Felix Venancio, Canisio Victoriana, Cayetano Jr., Ramon Rolando, Jose Leonardo, Pablo Vicente, Sergia Manuela, Teofilo Macario, Leon Mardonio, Benigno Bibiano, Ramona II, Lucila, Pilar Dominga

Currently, we are now in the eight generation. A great number are staying in Bangoy Compound, in Toril, Davao City where the Ancestral House of Cayetano Bangoy still stands.

56. imie juanesthe bangoy wrote on August 3, 2010 @ 10:36PM

hi…Daddy Arnolfu bangoy told me.Im from Antolin & Aparicia Bustamante Bangoy. belong to Cayetano jr. siblings from Cayetano and Victoriana Saavedra. my father is the eldest son of cayetano Jr. im the eldest granddaughter…We’re living in Bangoy compound..yes we’re in 8-generation.

57. Via wrote on August 23, 2010 @ 12:08AM

Hi everyone!

Just to let you know guys we had a mini family reunion with the Bangoy Clan in Melbourne just this month.
    I have a copy of the family tree of the Bangoy Clan but I left it in Davao since am now living here in Sydney.

God Bless to all!!! Peace!!!

58. swetzel marie temothy bangoy opsimar wrote on August 30, 2010 @ 04:29PM

may i know who are the son and daughters of francisco bangoy .?

59. kristine wrote on September 3, 2010 @ 02:30AM

SANA PO MGA BANGOY SEARCH PO NINYO KONG SINONG TOTOONG OWNER NG TINATAYOAN NINYO. THANKS. CAYETANO BANGOY IS NOT THE REAL OWNER. HE ONLY BORROW IT ANG TAKING ADVANTAGE OF EVERYTHING.

60. kristine wrote on September 3, 2010 @ 05:57AM

FRANCISCO BANGOY IS NOT THE REAL OWNER OF SASA AIRPORT. TRY TO SEARCH DEEPER BY YEAR 1900, BANGOY ARE THE BORROWER’S ONLY.

61. Ann Bangoy wrote on September 5, 2010 @ 04:29AM

helo everyone,

Does anyone who is Arnold Bangoy Sr.

Salamat po.

62. Ann Bangoy wrote on September 5, 2010 @ 04:30AM

helo everyone,

Does anyone knows who is Arnold Bangoy Sr.

Salamat po.

63. Luis Gonzalez wrote on September 27, 2010 @ 06:18PM

<a href=“http://davao-city-philippines.blogspot.com/”>» More Information «</a>

64. SWEET ANGEL wrote on October 10, 2010 @ 10:47PM

HELLO PO…CNU PO NKAKAKILALA KAY ATTY. ROGERIO BANGOY NA ASAWA NI FLORENCIA MENDOZA BANGOY??? MGA BANGOY PO KAMI NA TAGA KIDAPAWAN CITY NA NGAUN..

65. Dan wrote on October 11, 2010 @ 12:53PM

I believe Atty. Rogerio Bangoy is the very first Bangoy who became a lawyer (as per Supreme Court Lawyers List), and that he is now based in Kidapawan City.

I have not meet him personally but I will be glad to see him in person.

66. Mark Amorin wrote on October 16, 2010 @ 04:38PM

hay and dami naman bangoy…basta Alam ko lang I was Graduated in Francisco Bangoy National High School.since 2000-2001.may year book ba kau?ako meron ehhehe

67. angela bangoy santos wrote on October 21, 2010 @ 02:23PM

hi, kamusta po si tita monina bangoy? apo ako ni peping bangoy. anak ni balbina bangoy. nangangamusta lang po ako!

68. SWEET ANGEL wrote on November 10, 2010 @ 03:46PM

TO DAN: PANO NIO PO NAKILALA C ATTY.BANGOY?…uhm..tga san po kau na bangoy?

69. SWEET ANGEL wrote on November 30, 2010 @ 12:50AM

to all bangoys: cno po may copy ng official family tree po natin?…pwede po aq makahingi ng copy kung cno man po sa inyo ang mayroon?…nirequire po kac aq sa skul namin ng family tree po natin.nakakahiya po kac na aq po mismo na bangoy ang apelyido eh wala po maiprovide..im asking 4 ur help po kung cno man po ang mayroon..salamat po

70. Jan wrote on December 13, 2010 @ 03:23AM

To Gabriel Bangoy – Alejandra Porta generations:

I started a Bangoy Clan website recently.
    The site was created using MyHeritage.com. It is a good system that allows anyone like you and me to create a private site for our family, build our family tree and share family photos. If you wish to trace our roots, you could also search from the site. Try it!
    I am searching for our ancestors now. Hope to find you there too!

from the 7th generation

71. rtbangoy wrote on January 21, 2011 @ 02:34PM

Hi to everyone..I have a copy of our Family tree but there were names not so clear that needs to be corrected who can help to edit. Thanks! and Best regards, to all.

72. SWEET ANGEL wrote on February 27, 2011 @ 04:35PM

to rtbangoy: kuya echie??? may mga idinagdag po aq dun sa family tree na bngay mu po sakin…kac nung binasa q po ung mga comments d2 eh marami pang mga names po na lumutang…pero slightly confusing lang..tsk2…pero thanks tlga d2 kuya

73. Samantha Rae wrote on May 11, 2011 @ 06:28PM

Hello greetings to all of you,

It was said here that the francisco bangoy international airport was completed in 2003, but when was it built? I mean, when did its construction really begin?

This information is quite important for a project. I hope someone would respond asap.

Thank you very much, you may email me at samookan@gmail.com

74. John wrote on June 2, 2011 @ 02:00PM

i wanted to ask, Francisco Bangoy international aiport izit the same with the Buhangin panacan????

75. Imie juanesthe bangoy wrote on July 2, 2011 @ 03:25AM

To Ann daddy ko yan….why?

76. jongjong bangoy wrote on July 29, 2011 @ 06:28PM

Hi Rochelle,

Im jongjong son of Lito & Cion nee Sinsay, grandson of Jesus Manuel Bangoy & Lola Caring nee Yzquierdo.
    Jesus or Lolo Manolo was the youngest of the children of Antolin & Aparicia. Ngawon kami nagpuyo sa Sasa Km.11.
    Tita Auring, Jesus’ eldest daughter, married Dominador de Guzman and they settled in Toril. i believe most of my first cousins, nephews and nieces are still there.
    anyways, I think pamangkin kita by blood since Cayetano and Jesus are brothers..
    My appreciation for sharing our genealogy.

Btw, awon pa ba sa kamayo matigam magtiyab ng davaoeno? sadly ako da lang sa kanami maglumon ang matigam..matikadong da gayod..

thanks so much,

jong

77. wyezee wrote on November 14, 2011 @ 12:06PM

Just arrived from Davao City for a three day vacation (Nov 11-13 2011). Sadly we asked a lot of people in Davao about Francisco Bangoy and nobody seems to know him. Googled the net and found this site – thanks to Dove Summer for the refreshing effect of knowledge. Otherwise this thing will just go on bugging me for a long time.

78. jonathan bautista wrote on November 18, 2011 @ 08:40PM

hi to all Bangoy relatives. Ang alam ko, Bol-anon tayong lahat – taga Baclayon, Bohol. yun lang po.

79. jomali wrote on March 27, 2012 @ 01:14AM

sali nlang kayo sa fb type bangoy,alzate, bustamante, suazo clan. lahat ng info nandoon

80. critic wrote on November 7, 2012 @ 01:59AM

Kamong uban mga Bangoy, imbes nga mag-himamat ky partidos, descendants of the same parents in the distant past ga-kasuko na man noon.

Pagka way batasan sa uban.

81. Stephen Pasawa wrote on January 23, 2013 @ 04:57AM

I am also a descendant of a surname Bangoy. My great great grandmother was the only sister of brothers Cayetano and Francisco named Escolastica.

Escolastica Bangoy children included Demetria Cervantes who was married to a Quidato. Demetria Cervantes children included Raphael Quidato and a girl who married to a Loyola, the mother of the late Davao Congressman Loyola of mid-60’s. Raphael Quidato children included Ramona who was married to a Pasawa. Ramona children included Ramon Pasawa Sr.. Ramon Pasawa Sr. children included my father.

ESCOLASTICA BANGOY>DEMETRIA CERVANTES>RAPHAEL QUIDATO>RAMONA PASAWA>RAMON PASAWA SR.>(my father)>MYSELF

Thus, i am a 7th generation in Bangoy Clan. It’s nice to read your blog my dear distant cousin. Kindly please post the family tree of Bangoy Clan if you have that I may know for the other Bangoy descendants. @DOVE SUMMER

82. Lourdes Abad wrote on February 27, 2013 @ 02:37PM

dapat ma-document ng kumpleto ang family tree. The other big families in other parts of the country, especially in Manila do this kaya kahit di nila lahat kilala, well recorded talaga ang ancestors and descendants nila.

83. Unknown wrote on May 8, 2013 @ 12:32PM

My great grandfather is Francisco Bangoy.

84. dol wrote on June 1, 2013 @ 06:14PM

Hi everyone! The reason why the Davao airport was named after Francisco Bangoy was he owns a vast land in that part of Davao City. During that time he let the government used it for their purposes until they made a portion of it for a landing strip for airplanes. The use of the government of the property was tolerated by the late Francisco Bangoy until the time of his death. He was married to Emilia Villanueva and had three children, Dona Mercedes Pichon, Dona Salud Reta and Governor Paciano Bangoy. Until now the said property (airport) which is almost 41 hectares is in the name of the Bangoy Heirs.

85. descendant of F. Bangoy wrote on October 22, 2013 @ 03:35PM

I’m a direct descendant of Francisco Bangoy. But I don’t give a shit, except maybe to thank him for his sperm. Without his sperm, I will not exist. But than again, I don’t give a flying fuck!

86. Dan wrote on October 31, 2013 @ 10:44AM

To Descendant of F. Bangoy,

Don’t be so sure that F. Bangoy is your descendant and you came from his sperm. Do not be too confident in your assumption. You might be claiming what is not true. Ha ha ha!!!

87. Jonna Lyn Bangoy wrote on May 6, 2014 @ 09:02AM

Hi po! I’m also part of Bangoy clan from Leyte,a survivor of typhoon Yolanda, I never knew that there are a lot us until now, I’m not sure if I’m a descendant of F. Bangoy, sana may Family tree para naman makilala ko ang mga Bangoy outside Leyte.

“proud to be Bangoy”
  88. rcbb wrote on December 12, 2016 @ 07:11PM

hi! i also belong to the Bangoy’s in Antique From Ceferino Chavoso Bangoy. He died at the age of 96 that was during my high school. His eldest son was Eugenio Bangoy my Grand Father. I thought they were only few including those in Patnongon Antique the cousins of my Grand fa. only to realized that there were a lot of Bangoy’s in Davao. May I asked some of you if you can tell me were of the Bangoy’s we came from? sorry for my Baruk english ha.

89. generie bangoy wrote on May 5, 2017 @ 07:59AM

i belong to the bangoy’s in antique province, are we related to the bangoy’s in davao? please anybody there who can answer???

90. MARIA ERLINDA L BAJENTING wrote on August 12, 2018 @ 01:47AM

is ANETTE BANGOY a part of your clan, she was my classmate at the then Immaculate Conception College in davao city in the 60’s